It's Thanksgiving week people!! I'm SO excited! I absolutely love the holidays!! They are nostalgic for me, and a time where, of course, I reminisce about all the great things God has done in my life.
This year, I'm obviously looking forward to all the amazing food coming 😋 My personal favorite is my mom's scalloped corn - yum! What's your favorite dish? My husband's favorite pie is Blueberry. I think I share my dad's favorite of strawberry rhubarb, but a good apple pie is a close second doused in Cool Whip. 😆
Of course, Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful, begun by the pilgrims that originally began the founding of our country. For them, I am thankful. I am thankful that they trusted that God is better and bigger than all their hardships that they endured. I'm grateful that they desired to raise their children in a place free from opposing cultures' views. I'm thankful for this country - having been born here and raised in the very foundations the purpose of this country was begun: to glorify God.
There are so many personal things to be thankful for… honestly I'm so overwhelmed with God's blessings. I told my husband the other day that I felt rich. We're not rich, but I feel rich with how much God is blessing us.
Here's a short list:
- My home is amazing and renovated how we wanted
- I have a super loving husband
- I have an affectionate daughter
- I get to stay home and raise her
- I get to write books for my God and the age groups I feel are lacking good reads
- I have another child on the way, I get to feel the child grow within me
- God loves me
- Jesus saved me!
- I have great neighbors
- I don't starve for lack of food
- I am amply provided for (needs and even small splurges)
- super comfy bed 😜
- my husband and I go on dates
- I have family close by for babysitting
- I have family all around that love me and are all Christians (that I know of)
- I'm a fourth generation Christian
- I have a great church to go to that loves serving God and others
- I get to be a blessing in areas in my church
- People actually read my blog 😉
This is truly a “short” list. I really could go on forever thanking God for the life He's blessed me with! I'm living my dream life - not without its difficulties - but pretty perfect this side of Heaven. ❤️
People what are you thankful for?
List what your thankful for. Stop, take a breather from the business of this time of year, and give thanks. It's necessary if we're really going to enjoy the life we're given. I hope reading through some of my blessings didn't make you envious, but instead caused you to think of the things in your life that you're thankful for. 😉
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!
Be sure to drop a comment below: what you're thankful for or most looking forward to this week.
P.S. Today the Kindle e-book version of The Serum Deception is available for purchase. Be sure to get your copy now, and tell your friends!
Anyone that wants that FREE sneak peek for The Serum Deception can still get it through the end of November. Just sign up on my website mailing list, and it will instantly be delivered to you. Tell your reading buddies to get their FREE sneak peek too!